Doorstep Testing Information
First of all we would like to thank you for your order and for helping us to protect the general public and the NHS against the coronavirus. In the forthcoming days a member of our team will be in touch to inform you of your test date. This will be dependent upon when our Healthcare Professional is next scheduled to be operating within your area. We envisage this to be approximately 3 weeks from your order date, however, if there are any delays due to unforeseen circumstances we will inform you at the earliest instance. In preparation for your doorstep test you will find below a list of points for you to familiarise yourself with beforehand. These points will give you a good understanding of what to expect on the day and what measures you need to take in preparation for the test.
- On the day of your test the Healthcare Professional will call you to inform you of their arrival. If for any reason they cannot get hold of you, they will come up to your house and knock on the door, before moving away to ensure social distancing is maintained. The Healthcare Professional will come to your doorstep, wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including a mask, gloves and an apron.
- They will provide you with a mask.
- They will ask you to wash your hands with the soap provided.
- They will ask you to massage your index finger.
- They will give you the lancet to place against your finger, which you will use to prick your finger.
- They will give you a cotton pad to wipe away the first drop of blood.
- They will use a dropper to collect a few droplets of blood.
- They will transfer the blood onto the test cassette and provide you with an alcoholic wipe and a plaster for your finger.
- They will take the test cassette to the car in line with social distancing regulations, or alternatively, they can wait with you while maintaining a distance of two metres. Please note, it can take up to 15 minutes to obtain a result, although, usually it is a lot quicker.
- They will provide you with paperwork for the test. If you test positive for the IgM and/or IgG antibodies they will explain to you what to do next.
- They will take your used kit and dispose of it, along with your mask.
Please note, we may have to report your test results to the relevant authorities if deemed necessary. Therefore, we ask your permission to retain your personal details should the government request results. Please be assured that your personal details will be kept safe in line with GDPR.
A member of our office team will contact you the following day to conduct a post-test consultation to answer any questions you may have.