- The Healthcare Professional will call you to inform you of their arrival. If for any reason they cannot get hold of you, they will come up to your house and knock on the door, before moving away to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- The Healthcare Professional will come to your doorstep/home, wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including a mask, gloves and an apron.
- They will provide you with a mask.
- They will ask you to wash your hands with the soap provided.
- They will ask you to massage your index finger.
- They will give you the lancet to place against your finger, which you will use to prick your finger.
- They will give you a cotton pad to wipe away the first drop of blood.
- They will use a dropper to collect a few droplets of blood.
- They will transfer the blood onto the test cassette and provide you with an alcoholic wipe and a plaster for your finger.
- They will take the test cassette to the car in line with social distancing regulations, or alternatively, they can wait with you while maintaining a distance of two metres. The test will take approximately 15 minutes to show the results.
- They will provide you with paperwork for the test.
- They will take your kit and dispose of it, along with your mask.
We may have to report your test results to the relevant authorities. We ask your permission to retain your personal details should the government request results. Please be assured that your personal details will be kept safe in line with GDPR.